Sunday, March 9, 2008

Maddie Turned 8


Although the event has come and gone, I figured I would post a few thoughts and pictures since I still have the "I am new to blogging" card.

We couldn't be prouder of Maddie and her decision to be baptized. It was a wonderful day and most of our family was able to be there. I performed the baptism, although I had a couple people in the wings in case I was unable to "go come game time!" :) I do need to ask, "Was it wrong for me to submerse myself completely with her?"  I just thought I could use the cleansing as well.

No really, it was a fantastic day and we are so fortunate to have so many family and friends living so close who could share this great day with us. We love you all and are grateful for your support of our family.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a sweet girl. We were so glad to be part of your special day. (Thank goodness Erik could too!) We are so proud of you Maddie and love you very much!

Dani said...

I'm so sorry that I missed it! I heard that everything was beautiful. Way to go Maddie! We love you!