Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Photo Shoot


So I realized that the picture we have of our kids that sits on our entry table is a little outdated. Christian is a baby for heaven's sake! I guess when you walk by something a million times a day you tend to not really "see" it until one day it jumps out at you and screams "hey...pay attention woman!" Well, I have been meaning to get the kids pictures done since Maddie was baptized (LAST MARCH!) but have procrastinated until now. I finally called Heather (my amazing sis-in-law, friend, resident photographer) to come to my rescue, and boy did she ever! The pictures turned out great! I keep telling Heather that she really needs to start charging for her photography services. I mean she has the gear, has taken classes, knows how to use photoshop, has a great artistic eye, knows how to tell people what to do (as in how to pose), and relates great with kids. You would think that it would be a no-brainer. I know one of these days she is going to become a "professional" (as in gets paid) instead of an "amateur" and we will be begging for her time and expertise. But for now I am so glad that she is willing to come take pictures of my kids and I can always say "I knew her when..." in the future when she is a super-busy, in-demand photographer. Thanks Heather. You are awesome!

Here are a few of our favorites (for those of you who don't follow Heather's blog and haven't seen them yet!) There are a few of Maddie in her Baptism dress along with the rest of the "casual" photos.


For some reason a few of these photos ended up a bit blurry when I "stole" them from Heathers blog and I don't really know why??? Oh well.

15 comments:

{jane} said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures of an ADORABLE family!

Brammer Family said...

Wow!!! All of these pictures are AmAzInG!!! So so beautiful!!! :)

Shaunee said...

She did a great job! I need her to take some picts of my kids... since I haven't had a professional picture of Zac since LAST YEAR!

hollie said...

I am so impressed with all your work on your blog-it's awesome! The pictures are so great-not a huge surprise (cute kids+ good photographer= success!) Hope things are good!

Heather said...

It was MY pleasure to take photos of your sweet kiddos! ...and thanks for all of your kind words...maybe someday there will be money involved!

the girl who knew nothing said...

Those pictures turned out so great. You not only have great kids, but great looking kids too. Heather really does a great job.

The BC Fam said...

Hi Brittany and Eric-
Yes, I am a blog stalker and stumbled upon you through my sis-in-law Brittany Heal! It's so fun to see your cute fam. I have a blog too so you can check it out! Keep in touch!

Mr. Green said...

I hope you don't mind me posting. I can't believe how GROWN UP your kids are getting. WOW! The pictures are great! Well done Heather! Say hello to Erik for me.

LaRee said...

Great pictures!Your Kids are all so beautiful. Maddy looks like a little doll. We miss you guys! Parker looks like he has gotten taller.

Dani said...

Amazing photos, Amazing kids! Can't beat that!

The Stimpson Family said...

Such amazingly adorable kids! I am so glad you are posting them! Love you guys!

Julianne said...

I saw you had commented on Tracy's blog, so I thought, "Oooh, maybe they updated their blog!" And whoohoo, you did! OK, those pictures are wonderful. I can't believe how big Parker is. They are all such beautiful kids.

I read your last entry about your CA trip -- so glad you guys got to do the Jedi Knight "Training" program while you were there! Isn't that just a hoot!?

Shannon said...

Seriously how could those pictures turn out bad, when you have DROP DEAD Gorgeous Children!
So cute of Maddie in her Baptism dress. She is Beautiful!

Spencer and Joanie said...

Hey! I just wanted to tell you thank you for letting my family crash in on your FHE last night!!! You are so sweet to let them take part in all of your ghoulish fun! ;) I am just sorry I missed it!

PS Thanks for the winter clothes as well...So glad my kids can dress in style now!

Rachel said...

Hey there Adams family! It's your cousin, Rachel Heder Short. Yes, I found you while I was blog stalking. Your family is so amazingly adorable and it also looked like you had a fabulous summer. I'm jealous. Jason just opened up his own firm, so we were firmly planted here in Portland all summer while he worked his tail off. Hopefully, it will pay off, and we can play next summer. What are you guys up to? You'll have to blog some more so we can catch up. Here is a bit of small world information...My very dear friend and neighbor is Heidi (Paulsen) Janeway. I believe you went to school together. We were talking one night about names we like (as she is pregnant with #4) and I mentioned that I liked my cousin's name, Brittany Brammer and she said, "Hey, I know a Brittany Brammer"...and so the conversation continued. Crazy, huh?
Please send us a xmas card this year. We have you on our list. I'm still enjoying my Quikutz...thanks!!! Take care!